Todd Miller is a Senior Partner and the Managing Member of the Law Office of Todd Miller, LLC. While the firm offers help in various practice areas, Todd primarily focuses in the areas of criminal law; tax appeals (property tax, sales tax and income tax); elder law; estate planning (Wills and Trusts); debt collection and debt defense; wrongful death; personal injury; workers’ compensation; real estate; landlord-tenant issues; and complex civil litigation.
Some of his distinctions include:
- A perfect 10.0 rating from AVVO.com and their Superb Rating Attorney designation since 2013;
- Annually selected as one of the Top Lawyers of Missouri since 2014 by The Legal Network;
- Annually awarded the Client Distinction Award by lawyers.com since 2013;
- He or his employers were recognized as Golf Tax Consultant of the Year by Boardroom Magazine three times;
- "10 Best" Attorneys for the State of Missouri by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys;
- "10 Best" attorneys for the State of Missouri by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys;
- His firm was recognized as Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year finalist in 2015;
- Successfully supervised property tax appeals in twenty-one (21) states;
- Writes and lectures on the topics of family law, property tax reduction, estate planning, and landlord-tenant issues;
- Former host of two radio talk shows, the last entitled the "Mid-Missouri Legal Advocate" on KRMS News Talk 1150AM and 97.5FM at the Lake of the Ozarks. You may also find him on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Prior to creating this firm with its primary office in Jefferson City, Missouri (www.toddmillerlaw.com), Mr. Miller guided the national Golftax Group for Deloitte & Touche, LLP in Austin, Texas where that national property tax practice focused on property tax oversight and reduction for commercial and industrial property owners in thirty (30) states. Mr. Miller earned his B.S with honors from Lincoln University in 1991 and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Missouri Law School in 1999. He is licensed to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and he is a current or former member of the Missouri Bar and many of its subcommittees, the American Bar Association, the 26th Circuit Bar Association, the Cape Girardeau County Bar Association, and the Cole County Bar.
Mr. Miller is a member of the Concord Baptist Church, he is father to two wonderful children, and he is active in his community by coaching youth sports and volunteering with numerous charitable organizations. He formerly officiated NCAA DI and DII college basketball and is the past President of the Mid Missouri Referral Alliance.
Tamala M. Byrd has been with the firm since 2011 and is a dynamic member of our team. Her high level of knowledge and experience is well received by clients, court clerks and judges alike. Ms. Byrd is the firm's Managing Accountant and Office Manager and works tirelessly on property tax appeals; sales tax appeals; income tax appeals, and bankruptcy matters. In that capacity, she prepares and examines client financial records, she makes sure that records are accurate and that taxes are paid properly and on time. She perform overviews of the financial operations of clients' businesses and helps clients create plans of action for improved financial well-being. Last year alone, Ms. Byrd filed over 600 individual tax returns and is proficient at most legal software research programs.
Ms. Byrd is a graduate of Lincoln University of Missouri in 2005 and holds a Registered Tax Return Preparer Certificate and an Annual Filing Season Certificate with the Internal Revenue Service. She coordinates office activities for attorneys performing a variety of legal secretarial and paralegal duties such as scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents and correspondence, docketing cases and maintaining court dockets and diaries, and providing information and direction to others. She consistently displays a high knowledge of legal, secretarial, and office practices.
Ms. Byrd is a member of several professional organizations and writes and lectures on the subjects of accounting and tax appeals. She is the mother of two active children and a resident of Fulton, Missouri where she participates in community organizations and charities.